QLD Heritage Bank frozen account

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

stubbzy

30 September 2020
I recently took over directorship of a company I have been funding after some discrepancies with invoices. The past director has flown the coop and taken any knowledge of the companies bank account with him. After doing the bas and waiting for a new company account to be processed I entered a personal account as interim account. After two deposits one a repayment from a company I have a loan contract with and the company I had just taken control from my account was frozen. Heritage bank said they had frozen the account due to a ato refund for a company going into my personal account. I explained the circumstances and they asked for asic evidence i was the director which i provided. Then they wanted to see the company BAS then they wanted evidence I was entitled to receive the refund into my personal account and the list was never ending. In the mean time the business account has opened and I've asked them to put the money into the business account. Two months later and Heritage have dragged this out beyond a joke they have now sent letters to me being the director asking if I have any claim on the money in my own frozen account. All up they have had all the money in my bank account frozen for 2 months thats no access to a single cent of any of my money over 30k for 2 months. I have sold my car, personal belongings couldnt get a loan due to having zero access to my accounts including just a statement, the business will fold, have lost my rental and had a relationship breakdown and AFCA who have been no use at all have said I might be able to get compensated 5k if i provide proof of my losses. Well i still dont have the original 30k+ which I am supposed to get back after waiting 13 days for the bank to contact the directors involved which is me according to ASIC. I can honestly say 50k wouldn't cover the loses not to mention the stress and a relationship break down and so on. so how do I prove the fact ive sold almost everything of value and so on? when I believe if you give someone zero income for 2 months thats pretty well enough proof.