VIC How to present a contradiction in a FVIO hearing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

miguel

30 May 2018
The ex filed another FVIO (round 3) and it's off to a directions hearing for further and better particulars.

In the event it goes to contested trial, what is the best way to present a contradiction? That is; the ex has behaved in the manner she is accusing me of. And she says that behavior is coercive, intimidating etc...

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
what is the best way to present a contradiction?

Using a lawyer who is trained on how to pull apart and refute 'evidence'.

Your ex is using projection, now more commonly known as gaslighting, against you. Obviously in an attempt to change parenting orders.

Being a FVIO application you cannot personally cross-examine your ex hence the immediate value of a lawyer. A lawyer will help you respond to the F&BPs, and will also consider whether an application should be made to have her declared vexatious. Can't tell from a forum post if this is likely to be successful.

How about giving my office a call for a 20 min free consult about your situation, or call the barrister you use on the family law side.

Reactions: miguel

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Also give consideration to making an application against your ex. At the moment you are only playing defence.

Keep in mind Magistrates do not like tit for tat applications, yours will need to be based on genuine material.

miguel

30 May 2018
Yes, have 3rd party evidence she is coaching, and years if ROCs of the kids saying she and siblings frequently denigrating me.