House on battleaxe block

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
D

Deleted member 33612

Good evening,
I owned a house on the rear of the battleaxe block of land (Lot 2) together with the driveway as noted in the title deed. See diagram noted in attachment.

The owner of Lot 1 has constructed a gate at the side of the driveway located at the rear end of his Lot 1 (shaded red) and is using the driveway. The title deed for both Lot 1 and Lot 2 were subdivided in 1994.

I have conducted title search for both Lot 1 and Lot 2 (my property) and on both the title deeds, the easements are noted are as follow:
  1. Reservations and conditions in the crown grant (s)
  2. Easement for services 1.5m wide for appurtenant to the land above described
  3. Easement to drain water 1.2m wide affecting the part (s) shown so burdened in the title diagram
  4. Easement to drain sewerage over the existing line of pipes affecting the part(s) shown so burdened in the diagram
  5. Restriction(s) on the use of land

The following are my queries.
  1. there has been no mentioning of right of carriageway or right of way easement both for Lot 1 and Lot 2 even though I am the owner of the driveway. Is there anything that I have missed?
  2. how can I go about to research to determine if the owner of Lot 1 can use the driveway or if the driveway is a shared one? How can I find out on the abovementioned?
  3. which professionals would be recommended to use to get to the bottom of these issues? Any recommended names?
Would seek your advice on this matter. Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Lot 2.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 7