VIC Family Law - Step-parent's Rights Over Non-biological Child?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

YDMFWS

8 July 2019
I want him to be happy And i never want to take that relationship away from him Im happy to arrange week by week access with her.

But the problem is she has already threatened false accusations to dhs to stop me seeing him. Im happy if he wants to live with her but im not going to let her try and drag me through the mud while around him.

My son is a special needs child with autism and struggles to make the right choice even after years of direction and trying different things.

My worry is that i let him be here with her and she tries to say ive abandoned my child and tries for custody. Or defamates me enough that i cant see my kids

I am always amicable when it comes to my children they come first always the problem is she is a dominant woman who thrives on any power given and never hesitates to turn real nasty when she doesnt like the way things are

sammy01

27 September 2015
Yep but nobody wants court. Are there other kids in the family

YDMFWS

8 July 2019
She wouldnt care about court if means she can make my life difficult. Yeah she has 2 from a previous relationship