VIC Family Law - How to Prepare for Contravention Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shan_90

5 February 2016
Hi everyone

I have a contravention hearing coming up in September. I currently have no representation and am probably going to be representing myself.

The first family law hearing is an application case in which I am asking the judge to serve my ex by email as he refuses to disclose his address. Just wanting to know what I should have prepared for the hearing.

What documents should I take, etc? I'm very nervous about this court case and I am worried I will be very anxious talking to the judge. I have no idea what to expect or how I should be prepared during the hearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This first hearing will probably be brief, since the father won't have been served the application yet, so you'll be asking for a location order to get the father's address so he can be served with the application.

Did the father provide an address for service on his response to the initiating application? Given it's an application in a case, it doesn't require service in the way an initiating application does. If he has included his email, then it can be served via email, or via his solicitor if he has one.

lacey.tdrt19

4 December 2017
Hey
Hi everyone

I have a contravention hearing coming up in September. I currently have no representation and am probably going to be representing myself.

The first family law hearing is an application case in which I am asking the judge to serve my ex by email as he refuses to disclose his address. Just wanting to know what I should have prepared for the hearing.

What documents should I take, etc? I'm very nervous about this court case and I am worried I will be very anxious talking to the judge. I have no idea what to expect or how I should be prepared during the hearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Just wondering what was the outcome of the Contravention?