WA Family Law - Do I Have to Supply Annexure Information in Affidavit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jade Dawson

23 March 2016
I am self-represented in a Parenting matter Family Law Court WA. The Respondent's lawyers have requested I supply them with the full document of an annexure I supplied as part of my affidavit. Do I have to supply this?

I had 894 pages of text messages printed and witnessed, I can not recall exactly but I think they were submitted previously as evidence for a Restraining Order against the same party and they may have been used in an earlier court hearing relating to the same parenting matter.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Timnuts

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This isn't legal advice, so don't take it as such, but I believe the answer to the question 'Do I have to supply this?' is 'No'.

It's acceptable to annexe an extract from a document, but be prepared for the Court to ask if it can see the full document so it can confirm the document hasn't been edited or changed in any way. It's not mandatory to provide everything that a lawyer asks for, but it's a good to prepare for the possibility that the Court may direct you to disclose it in future, that's all.

Reactions: Timnuts