NSW Family Court Ordered Paternity Test?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Harrysyd

25 October 2018
I was ordered by a judge to do a paternity test. I don't believe this is fair as I tried to dismiss it and the lady has slept with other men. I have been called back to family court. What will happen if I don't do the court ordered test and why am I being called to court again?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Do the test.

Don't do the test? Magistrate has pretty significant capacity here to make you realise my first bit of suggestion is good. Do the test.

Magistrate could order you pay the applicant's costs. Determine that you're the father because of your refusal. Mate, she slept with lots of men is not a defence against this one or anything else in our legal system...

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You can be found in contempt of court. Fines and jail are possible for disobeying court orders.

Disobey a court order and the court gets antsy and makes a bigger deal out of the contempt charge than the original offence.

Do the test.

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
I feel you have nonconcerns then simply do the test, be cleared of being the father and let her chase the next possibility of who the father could be.

Don't do the test and ignore the court.. find yourself in a world of hurt - a quick swab is so much simpler!!