QLD Family Court - Insist on a Paternity Testing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AJW

14 June 2017
If the father has stated in an affidavit to the family court that he doesn't believe he is the biological father and I ask for safety reasons for the children that we all have paternity tests to prove once and for all that they are his and then he refuses, saying he doesn't need the paternity testing to be done, can I still insist on it being done?

I'm concerned about the dangerous implications to the children if the court insists they have to see him and he has an affidavit stating he thinks it's probable that the children are to another man. This has been part of the problem over the past two years with DVO, etc being necessary over the past two years.

I feel like my lawyer isn't taking it seriously

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Are/were you married or de facto at the time the children were conceived?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Are his comments about paternity the only argument supporting the claim that the children shouldn't spend time with him?

homestretch

5 June 2017
A judge can insist that the test be done. If you don't feel your solicitor is taking you seriously then I would look for a new solicitor

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
What is he seeking in his application? What are you seeking in your application?