WA Employer Has Stopped Paying Wages - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now


LawTap Verified
27 May 2014
Talk to him and find out why and when does he intend to pay you. Send him an email stating date of last pay and which weeks you are owed money for. Start keeping records.

But you need to talk with your employer first, and send an email/letter, before doing anything else. The sooner the better.

Sarah J

Well-Known Member
16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Roy,

I agree with Rod. Talk to the employer first and ask them reasons for why they are not paying rent. Keep detailed notes of all correspondences. Email confirmations for verbal conversations and anything else in writing.

If this fails, you can start thinking about contacting the Fair Work Ombudsman. However, they will require you to have tried to resolve this matter with the employer first.