QLD DVO, police incompetence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

giveup

27 March 2021
Can anything be done about the police taking a statement from someone that was highly intoxicated?

My partner was not only misheard/misunderstood on an incident but has been pressured every step of the way by the police. Now we are in the situation where the police have taken temporary orders on both of us with every condition possible while we wait for court to be adjourned on the DVO hearing.

Partner has been highly suicidal since and hates herself for what has happened. The police just see it has coercing/abusive behaviour on her part to get me to breach...

Now other police I have spoken to since the incident have read the reports and already admitted that the story doesn't line up at all and that there are no injuries or proof of any wrong doing on my part.

I can elaborate further if needed.

I understand the Domestic Violence system in Queensland and also the reasons why it is like this but surely when the police get it so wrong there has to be some kind of options other than just accepting it.

Both our lives have been destroyed from this and I also have to attend some men's DV course while the matter is adjourned. I find the idea humiliating and ultimately a bit pointless if the Magistrate won't revoke or at least change conditions.

Final question is... Would character witnesses at the final hearing help our chances?