Driving while suspended

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kerem

25 May 2018
Hi kerem here
Let's get this clear, yes i was driving while supended.
I was waved into an rbt and the cop breath tested me. Realised i didnt have my P plates on and told me an infringement will be in the mail.
He took a photo of my cars (mum owns it) number plates and i think one of my license card that was issued to me during my suspension break (i was allowed to drive for a month in between my 6 )
He never went to license check my card, so im guessing when he goes to write the infringement later on, it will show that i was suspended.
Whats the go, im guessing a letter will come in the mail telling me that i was driving while suspended? Are they able to just mail the infringement of me driving while suspended even though it was spoken about at the time?

Clancy

6 April 2016
That is a good question? If a policeman writes a ticket for one thing and did not notice the license thing, does that mean you will end up getting a fine for suspended licence?
The answer is, i dont know?
Even if the license issue does not come up initially, i mean, its gotta register a conflict in the computer system when it tried to apply the points on your license after you pay the P plates fine?

When is your license due to unsuspend? I dont know if you can stretch out the time paying the P plates fine until then, it might help, or not? i dunno?

Reactions: Kerem

Kerem

25 May 2018
That is a good question? If a policeman writes a ticket for one thing and did not notice the license thing, does that mean you will end up getting a fine for suspended licence?
The answer is, i dont know?
Even if the license issue does not come up initially, i mean, its gotta register a conflict in the computer system when it tried to apply the points on your license after you pay the P plates fine?

When is your license due to unsuspend? I dont know if you can stretch out the time paying the P plates fine until then, it might help, or not? i dunno?

I dont get my license back till another 2 months.
But im just wondering, say if the cop did license check my card and found out i was suspended. Wouldnt i have to agree with the infringement by signing the paper at that time.
Because when i had my license taken away from me for speeding, the officer made me sign a paper saying that i undertsood why my physical drivers card is getting taken away.

Clancy

6 April 2016
I dont get my license back till another 2 months.
But im just wondering, say if the cop did license check my card and found out i was suspended. Wouldnt i have to agree with the infringement by signing the paper at that time.
Because when i had my license taken away from me for speeding, the officer made me sign a paper saying that i undertsood why my physical drivers card is getting taken away.

I am not quite sure i follow? What you know is a good chance trouble is coming over your suspended license, but if it doesn't, your very lucky!