VIC Driving while suspended

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mgp10

17 September 2018
hi guys, so this is my situation. I got done in feb this year for 40km/h over the limit and lost my license on 6 months. Got my license back in August , with a letter from vicroads about the golden point. Me being young and not reading the letter properly I didn’t realise that I had to let the vic roads know till 10.9. That I’m taking one point or my license will be automatically suspended. Got pulled over driving my brothers car (he’s suspended too, that’s why I got pulled over) and when they did my license check I realise that I’m suspended. I rang vic roads next working day and they’re saying that they can’t do anything about it and that they don’t have to send me a reminder or notice of suspension (?!). Just wondering is there any way of me getting out of this situation as I’m most likely to go to court. Thanks

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
hi guys, so this is my situation. I got done in feb this year for 40km/h over the limit and lost my license on 6 months. Got my license back in August , with a letter from vicroads about the golden point. Me being young and not reading the letter properly I didn’t realise that I had to let the vic roads know till 10.9. That I’m taking one point or my license will be automatically suspended. Got pulled over driving my brothers car (he’s suspended too, that’s why I got pulled over) and when they did my license check I realise that I’m suspended. I rang vic roads next working day and they’re saying that they can’t do anything about it and that they don’t have to send me a reminder or notice of suspension (?!). Just wondering is there any way of me getting out of this situation as I’m most likely to go to court. Thanks
I would say highly likely you will be charged and you should speak to a lawyer then.