SA Domestic Violence - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
28 March 2015
What rights does a woman have when a husband is continually drinking, fighting all the time over this she has asked him to leave many time, but refuses to go, has verbally abused her and children (domestic violence)? This is stressing them out. She would rather stay in the family home for the children. Can she make him go or force him to go?


Well-Known Member
10 February 2015
Hi Cheryl,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this situation. There are various programs around the country that assist (usually) women to stay at home and have their violent partner leave.

There is a comprehensive blog post on domestic violence and how to seek help here: Domestic Violence Laws and How to Seek Help - Blog

Please have a read and let us know if you have any further questions.