WA Divorce when husband uncontactable

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NDM0808

12 July 2016
HI there. My husband and I have been separated for over three years and I wish to get divorced. He did actually request one late last year, I filled in the paperwork and sent it to him - after he hassled me daily for it, but he didn't submit the paperwork and has vanished. Child Support cant find him - not that he has ever paid anyway, the ATO cant find him. He has vanished off the electoral roll. I don't have a phone numbers and I get no responses to emails. I don't have an address for him and we have no mutual friends. Past employers don't know where he is either. His family refuse to talk to me and don't even answer emails about if they would like to see our daughter. He hasn't been active on any social media account since last year and I can find no current ones.

Any advise on where I go from here. I don't have any spare money to pay to hunt him down. I don't necessarily need a divorce, but I would like to be done with it. Finances are done and dusted. There are no parenting orders. He hasn't seen his daughter (14) in over two years - didn't bother to show up last time he made an arrangement to see her and hasn't contacted her since February this year. His son who is 19 he has contact with either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Apply to court and at the same time request alternative service on his family giving all the reasons and evidence you have as to why the court should allow alternative service.