VIC deemed that you agree

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

getfothers

18 April 2018
My accountant wants to have a contract for each job offer we send to independent Contractors, the contract bit is OK, as they provided a proforma which when we have completed they will send to the lawyer to add the necessary legalese!!

My question relates to signing of contract, as sometimes they do 2 or 3 a day.
We often only see the contractor once a week so getting them signed is an issue.

Question
Can i have a master contract that they sign then a separate job contract that has a clause that simply states, if you start the job, its deemed that you agree with the contract ?

if so

any suggestions on how to word it?

thanks for your help

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Can i have a master contract that they sign then a separate job contract that has a clause that simply states, if you start the job, its deemed that you agree with the contract ?

Yes.

I don't have examples. This is something you'd normally pay for. A principle to follow is that you put as much as you can into the master agreement.

Advantage: Less paperwork.
Disadvantage: You need them all to re-sign a master agreement if you alter it.

Pays to get this right and legal advice should be used.

PS: You may want to investigate the use of phone apps to simplify the 'jobbing' side of your business.