VIC CSA have assessment but both parents want kids to goto private school next year

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rjm

2 February 2020
I've watched this play out in real life. The result was 3 very embarrassed kids.
You'd think it would be a private matter but invariably one of the parents concerned tells another parent. The kids over hear the conversation & then half the class know about it. Often the letters from school asking for payment are sent home with the kids.
If the problem does arise it would be best if one of the parents pay & then you can deal with the situation in private.
In the case I witnessed, the angry mother was telling the school to chase the father & ripping the Dad a new one over the phone, all in front of the kids. Not nice.

Jake Matherson

15 June 2018
I'm also pro public school but that's probably because I enjoyed my time there and did alright out of the deal in the long run.

With Luke being adopted by his aunt and uncle, Leia being adopted by Bali Organa and Queen Bereh and my doubts as to Vader actually earning an income on the books with the empire just giving him what he needs I bet he never paid a cent.

Reactions: GlassHalfFull

garry

13 March 2020
And just like that it's over. The ex spoke to CSA and now refuses to do a private arrangement. Amazing. Thanks everyone for all the advice, it's better to just go public school.

sammy01

27 September 2015
yeah - seems like a bit of a drop kick dad - Darth Vader.... Not Garry... Chopping off Luke's hand so he cant hit dad up for handouts is a bit rough though...

Garry - Learn the rules and play by them. In the long run private agreements, no matter how sensible, leave your arse exposed to be bitten...

Reactions: garry