Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Criminal Law - Charges if Caught Ordering Drugs Online?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by PostMan, 23 October 2015.

1. PostMan

PostMan Member

What kind of trouble would I be in if caught purchasing and receiving drugs online from within my own state? eg. I order 5 ecstasy pills from an online vendor that sends parcel from within my address state..? I'm obviously not importing across borders so what kind of charges under Criminal Law would I be looking at if caught..?

2. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Postman,

Each state has different thresholds when it comes to determining personal supply v trafficable supply.
    In Victoria, if you are found with more than 3 ecstasy tablets - it is classed as a trafficable offence which will mean higher penalties.

The maximum penalty is up to 15 years jail and/or a fine up to 1800 penalty units.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...