QLD Criminal Law - What Constitutes a Dangerous Drug?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cobra1972

3 June 2018
OK. Call the informant at the Police Station and ask for an update. If he doesn't help, ask to talk to the Sergeant. The Informant will be preparing a Brief and should know what charges he is looking at.

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
If it's at the BOE stage then the defendant has been to court, plead not guilty, possibly done case conferencing and had it fail.

There is no possible way that at a BOE stage a defendant does not know what they are being charged with.

If you're that forgetful that you've forgotten after attending court then go and get the QP9 printed at a station or pros office and read it.

If the deft has not been to court yet or given a notice then they have not been charged and the station are not going to give you any information at all. If it's at a BOE stage then you're not getting any information at all from the investigating officer. You ask Prosecutions... not the station.

Xena The Warrior Princess

3 June 2018
If it's at the BOE stage then the defendant has been to court, plead not guilty, possibly done case conferencing and had it fail.

There is no possible way that at a BOE stage a defendant does not know what they are being charged with.

If you're that forgetful that you've forgotten after attending court then go and get the QP9 printed at a station or pros office and read it.

If the deft has not been to court yet or given a notice then they have not been charged and the station are not going to give you any information at all. If it's at a BOE stage then you're not getting any information at all from the investigating officer. You ask Prosecutions... not the station.
Hi Bill

What is BOE?

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
Brief of Evidence.

It's the full "pack" of evidence prepared after someone pleads not guilty.

9 times out of 10 they then plead guilty once receiving it or negotiate to a lesser charge.

3 June 2018
Oh OK! I think she did plead not guilty, I have to ask her, but honestly that much evidence and drugs, I think she will have to go to court. Do you think she might negotiate a lesser charge? If you read my notes, you will have a better picture what happened. I would appreciate any comment. Taa

3 June 2018
Brief of Evidence.

It's the full "pack" of evidence prepared after someone pleads not guilty.

9 times out of 10 they then plead guilty once receiving it or negotiate to a lesser charge.
I just found this,

The police do not have to provide you with a brief of evidence for some charges. These include:

• many offences where a fine could have been given to you instead of you being charged
  • offensive conduct or language
  • some minor driving offences
  • possession of prohibited drugs.
It looks like the police don't have to provide BoE. Your thoughts on that?

3 June 2018
Sorry, I have been offline.

What is your specific question? I will try to help.

If you want to know about sentencing.... No one can really help or answer that question. The magistrate will be the one that determines that.

hi there again

I was just wondering what it means

Listing Type
(Arrests / Remands)

My friend had court yesterday, and this was listed, after court