QLD Conflicting coercive control laws

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bananatree

26 April 2019
Yeah, get a cuppa...
NOT coffee - camomile tea.
Let's play a game called - What if.
What if you go to the hobby. What will she do? Withold the kids? Then don't go. Not worth the grief.
BUT if she will not cause a fuss, then go.
What if she makes an contravention application because you went? Well the judge will likely change the order because it is dumb (good)

What IF you wait. Things will calm down. She will ask for a favour and you can bend over backwards to make the favour happen... Then ask for a favour in return...
Chill.
Applying to have the order revoked? Fark, more court time more money??? Hell no... Even asking about that show that you need more tea and less coffee.

Yep - I don't understand why a judge would make an order with neigher parent sought it.... That said - I am a teacher. I have had a few parent teacher interviews where I have had a conversation with dad... Then mum and mum's new partner. Or mum and then dad and dad's new partner. It isn't pleasant.... I've also been the dad at sporting events watching the ex making out with the new fella.... NOT PLEASANT. If someone should not be at these events it is the step-parent.

Ok - Big gulp of tea. I don't remember your case. I remember your nic-name her. But I can't remember details and from memory you're a frequent flyer, so this has been going on for a while, so armed with that. I'm guessing you've only recently gotten final orders? And you're 'venting' here because of that order? Give yourself two swift upper-cuts - drink some more camomile and realise IF that is the thing you've come here to 'vent' about then you must have done bloody well. Celebrate the wins.

Thanks sammy... always appreciate your responses :) think you must have me confused though as i have been a lurker not a poster!

And yes, tea and biscuits i think!