I started a commercial lease in November last year for 2 years. Due to some hold ups with the new building titles coming through, we didn't take full possession until 2 months later, when we then had to start payments. If I had known there would be a wait, I would have waited until February or March to sign the lease as January is dead and we had no capital going in. Anyway, we have gotten behind on payments and are struggling. The owner is now looking at locking us out. Does this terminate the lease at that point, or are we liable for lease until someone else is found? If we are locked out, it will stop us from being able to earn a living and therefore catching up on rent. We also haven't paid any bond per our agreement with the owner. We were always straight up that this was a trial for our business. We don't want to let the owner down, but also need to know our tenants rights. We have been paying some rent each month, just not enough to cover the full amount.