NSW Changing son's last name

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Honoka, 16 May 2018.

  1. Honoka

    Honoka Member

    16 May 2018
    Likes Received:
    Hi everyone,

    My last post I wrote wouldn't post for some reason so I'll try to keep it short and simple.

    I'm trying to change my son's name but the father hasn' been able to be contacted for a few years now. No one knows his location. Relationships Australia said I cannot proceed with mediation as there is no way to contact the father and advised me to seek legal advise, they gave me a number to call though I haven't yet.
    I'm just afraid to call them to be told that there's no way to change the last name without the father's consent.
    Has anyone successfully changed their childs last name with the father not in the picture?
    What am I likely to be told by this legal advise number given to Me?

Share This Page