Cease and Desist Letter

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

samran14

19 May 2020
Hi,if a person has received a letter from our lawyers 5 months ago to stop contacting us and stop defamatory false allegations But still contact me after 6 months by demand letter to my personal address?? Should I write Cease and Desist letter? and do you have a letter format?

JazKaz

11 April 2020
Hi Samran14,

To my knowledge, cease and desist letters are written to prevent illegal activity from continuing, and are often made by courts. These letters are created to warn of potential litigation if the recipient continues their behaviour.

In your case defamatory statements aren’t allowed so yes the letter can be written.

I would suggest asking your lawyers for information regarding formatting and whom it is to be written by or if the matter must be taken to court for an order of cease and desist to be made.

One question I have is what are the facts? And what do you mean by they contacted you by demand letter?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
These are questions you should be discussing with your lawyer, they have all the detail.

JazKaz

11 April 2020