VIC Can I give Child Protection A Family Consultants Report?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Malissla

24 April 2018
Can I give Child Protection a Family Report, the report is released under section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975.

The report states "Penalties may apply under Section 121 of the Act to the reprinting or publication of any material contained in this report other than for use in connection with proceedings in the Court"

The Court has requested that Child Protection provided a 69ZW report, I want to provide to child protection the section11F (Family Consultants) report so that Child Protection can update their records to reflect what is written in the Sec11F report.

It appears to me that being as I am providing it to Child Protection in order that they can update their records and reflect the content of the Sec11F within their 69ZW report to the court that the term "other than for use in connection with proceedings in the Court" applies.

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Can I give Child Protection a Family Report, the report is released under section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975.

The short answer is yes.

For the longer version read page 24 of this (it’s written by Richard Chisholm...a past Family Court Judge)