NSW can i ask the housing of nsw for fence money

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ROBY1972

14 August 2017
on 2012 i build my house ,i built a fence at the back of my house ,in that at the it was just a piece of land and now its a public housing (nsw housing) ,is it possible to ask the housing of nsw to pay half of the cost of the fence i built , all these years can affect my case or not .
please help with any advice

ROBY1972

14 August 2017
when i built my house it was on my land.in 2012 it was just my house ,so i built a fence surround my house (2 sides and on the back).i had 3 neighbors .2 on the sides of my house , and 1 at the back side .the neighbors (the ones on my sides)when they came in gave me half of the cost of the fence .now only the back side witch is for the housing of nsw . i should ask the housing of nsw on 2013 .but i did not .do i still have a chance to ask the housing of nsw for the half of the money of the fence ?

Tripe

22 May 2017
If it was public or crown land at the time , then the boundary act won’t apply, and you will have to pay 100% of the cost.