QLD Being threatened by executor.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brapspi

29 March 2019
Caring for Mum since 2013. Long history of siblings causing trouble. Mum passed away last month. My sister, sole executor, has threatened to kick me out of Mum's house whenever she feels like it. Has instructed me to find alternative accommodation for 2wks so she can go through Mum's things.
I'm on a surgery wait list, studying fulltime and have no money & I'm facing homelessness. If I stay in the house I can do the maintenance free.
I will have to contest the will. Can she remove me from the house? What if I contest? Can she do it then? The will splits it 4 ways & I'm a beneficiary. I don't believe she is behaving in tbe best interests of the beneficiaries.

Brapspi

29 March 2019
Also, she is claiming all contents of the house for the estate, many of which I paid for or belonged to me when I moved in.

Brapspi

29 March 2019
Hey.
I'm in qld. She came to the house on Sunday. I stayed inside. She called police. She didn't like what he said and accused him of account and called 000 on him. Long story short they arrested her & told me to apply for a protection order.
No-one wants to help with contesting but I'm gunna do it anyway.

unique

17 March 2019
OMG She sounds a nutcase.
If you were in the same state as me, I was going to give you the name of a free legal service that I have found to be excellent

Hope it all sorts out and you can keep up your studies through this very stressful and emotional time

Brapspi

29 March 2019
Genuine bunny boiler.Did the same to her ex-husband and her kids. They want nothing to do with her. Mum's greatest fear was to die in a nursing home and thanks to my sister that's what happened. I have spent 24 hrs/day for 5 yrs, all my long service money and $30000 of my Super caring for my parents and my siblings have not contributed a single cent.As soon as she has an order of possession or eviction notice I'm out. The clerk of court told me that all takes time then I get a grace period to get out. Talking to anglicare tomorrow about accommodation. Ideal would be stay here until June. Then I get what's left of my super, buy a van and disappear.
I will contest. Even if the legal fees take $40000 that's fine. As long as they don't get it. I'll be back where I am now so nothing to lose.