ASIC Corporate Key illegally used to remove two directors from company.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Skateboard

22 June 2017
I was the co director of a small real estate with my business partner. We suspect a person known to us used our company’s corporate key to remove us both as directors and appointed himself as the sole director and then a few days later further changed the company details to his own address and appointed himself as the secretary. I contacted ASIC and they said the directorships cannot be reversed without a court order Which will take months and cost. I have made a report, statement and copies of the company history to police who are dilly dallying as to what action if any might be taken against this person. At the moment I cannot work for my own company as it is gone and I am getting enquires from overseas buyers about buying properties in Victoria which I cannot service properly. Another real estate company has said they might employ me on commission only after COVID lifts but will want their cut of any business I do. Is there anyway I can quickly resolve this situation.