QLD Abandoned Goods in Queensland (brisbane)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dylan John

5 August 2017
Hi Everyone My questions is in regards to abandoned goods. We had a Lady that was in a relationship with my brother who lived with us in her own room. She Recently moved out 3 weeks ago and has left her furniture and belongings in the garage. She said she would pick them up but has yet to come we sent her a msg 2 weeks ago that we would like the property removed as we have to sell and need it gone before we can post on the market which we need to do urgently. She replied to the msg which was sent via text saying she had recieved it and would msg my "mother" the landlord of the property with a suitable time within the 2 weeks we allocated her and she did not ever send it. Its been 2 weeks and she hasnt picked her stuff up and we are running out of time.
Keep in mind she never signed any formal tennacy agreement and was just living here as a guest.
What are the options we have. Can we dispose of her furniture and documentation as she will not reply to any of our msgs and we do not know her new address?