QLD Affidavit? If there was no affidavit, how do you respond to an allegations?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Xena The Warrior Princess

3 June 2018
Does anyone know how to write an affidavit? I need to respond to an affidavit that wasn't lodged in the court. I don't how to respond to allegations? Do I still have to lodge the affidavit even though that I haven't received the affidavit from the applicant?

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Xena, I'm sure a lot of us here can draft an affidavit. To answer the rest of your questions, some more information would be required as to the exact circumstances, which court, what orders have been made etc.

3 June 2018
Hi Xena, I'm sure a lot of us here can draft an affidavit. To answer the rest of your questions, some more information would be required as to the exact circumstances, which court, what orders have been made etc.
Hi Paul
I was told that I still have to respond to allegations that were made in the application for DV. I already have DVO against that person, and this is his second attempt. Which would another waste of my time. So I need to know, even though that he didn't put affidavit that was due on the 27th of last month, do I still have to respond to allegations in his DV application and to be honest I have no idea how to?

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Paul
I was told that I still have to respond to allegations that were made in the application for DV. I already have DVO against that person, and this is his second attempt. Which would another waste of my time. So I need to know, even though that he didn't put affidavit that was due on the 27th of last month, do I still have to respond to allegations in his DV application and to be honest I have no idea how to?

I woukdnt contact the court as to the non compliance as to him putting in his affidavit and that you are having difficulty responding to the allegations without it. Good luck and I hope that helps.

3 June 2018
I woukdnt contact the court as to the non compliance as to him putting in his affidavit and that you are having difficulty responding to the allegations without it. Good luck and I hope that helps.
Hi Paul

I contacted the court again and they said just to reply to his application instead and that it would be brought up on the court day that he didn't file his affidavit. I will just reply to his allegations, but still not sure how? But anyway, thank you for your advise, much appreciated.

3 June 2018
Sorry I meant to say I would contact the court.
Hi Paul

Just wondering if you could answer a few questions. I am not sure if the applicant is going to turn up on the court. If he doesn't, can I ask that this matter is dismissed? If he does, can I adjourn it, as I have no money for a legal representative? Is there also another option to represent yourself or have a duty lawyer representing you on hearing?

Please advise

Taa