NSW Advises for mobile app

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lawisawesome

13 January 2020
Hi,

I would like to develop a mobile application that makes it easier to make appointments with private individuals and doctors and dentists, similar to the existing solutions but with additional health information articles.

I have the application on a technological level, but I decided to call one of my childhood friends who is currently studying interactive design in Tokyo, Japan to create the graphical interface and to think with me about the ergonomics of the application.

I chose the name Doctora for the application and the name of the future company I want to create at the end of the month in Sydney, Australia.

The questions I ask myself are the following:
  • What are the different laws applicable to my application?
  • What precautions do I need to take to be 100% owner of my application?
  • What means can I put in place to protect my application but also the services and data accessible to the application?
  • How can I protect my trademark with peace of mind?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
What you’re asking for is beyond the scope of this website. You need detailed and specific legal advice on a wide range of things. That’s not going to come in this format, and also not going to come cheaply. If you want to ensure your IP is protected and doesn’t infringe someone else’s, you need to go through the process correctly.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
... as well is ensuring you are not seen as providing medical advice. Tread carefully and obtain good legal advice that covers IP, contract law, and health law.