VIC Accepting an Offer- Incorrect pricing retail online

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

User1989

10 January 2020
Hi all,
Recently I made an online purchase, however when I had the items in my cart and proceeded to purchase, many of the items were shown as "free". I still spent over $100, and was charged on my credit card.
From my (small) accounting knowledge, the listed price in my cart is an invitation, the offer is me paying for the items, and then acceptance is the delivery of the goods?
I received confirmations, delivery details etc, and a few items were delivered (of the "free" listed items) however they've obviously picked up on the error and cancelled or reforwarded the remaining items back... which I understand to be okay, because the acceptance of the offer isn't completed until goods are delivered... However, there has been no contact with myself at all about the cancellation. I have not been refunded and have not received any of the items that were charged at the correct price.
Where do I stand? I obviously don't expect to be awarded the products that were i correctly priced that they cancelled, how ever can they refuse to refund me or provide the goods that were correctly priced (that I had paid for), because I have already received some of the incorrectly priced items?
Thanks in advance.