VIC Will MYKI Fine Appear on National Police Check?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Michel-N

29 August 2016
Hi,

I need to ask a question about national police check. There is a day I was in a train and an authorised officer came in and asked me about my Myki and then he asked about my concession but I found out that I left it in my home so he gave a fine.

I need to ask if that will affect my record because now I am applying for a security licence? And also if it will affect my finding a job if the employer wanted a police check? And also if I can avoid this fine by sending them a copy of my concession because I have not paid it yet?

Thanks.

29 August 2016
Holders of student concession cards

Holders of eligible primary and secondary student concession cards who are detected travelling on a concession ticket but are not carrying their concession card, will be issued with an infringement notice.

However, that infringement notice may be cancelled on appeal if it is the person's first penalty for this offence and they can subsequently send a photocopy of the front and back of their concession card to: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources GPO Box 2797 Melbourne VIC 3001. This opportunity will be only granted for a first offence. Students subsequently found travelling without a valid concession card will be subject to a penalty.

National Police Check

In the unlikely event the fine is not withdrawn and you are not issued a warning, you will be required to pay the fine, request a further internal review, or contest the matter in the Magistrates' Court.

In any event, the offence will not show up on a National Police Check.

Reactions: Michel-N
S

Sophea

I was freaking out about a fare evasion infringement (only cause I didn't have my student card on me at the time) before I was to be admitted as a solicitor. Thankfully it didn't show up on anything. Its not serious enough, it's like a traffic offence.

Reactions: Michel-N

Michel-N

29 August 2016
That's amazing.

One last question: the " Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources GPO Box 2797 Melbourne VIC 3001"; are those one department and one mail box or do I need to send 4 copy to each one of them?

Thanks