QLD Who Can Enter Home of Deceased Estate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

BlueDolphin

5 May 2015
My mother past away a week ago, and their are two executors of her deceased estate placed from within the immediate family. We have all looked after our mother with her ill health.

My question is: are 1 of the executors and/or a beneficiary able to enter our mothers house to make sure of the security of the premises, maintain the lawn, take care of anything that needs to be at all.

We/I have been informed that none of us are to enter the house at all.

Their are six of us, and two of us are the executors of the will.

Steve500

10 March 2015
My mother past away a week ago, and their are two executors of her deceased estate placed from within the immediate family. We have all looked after our mother with her ill health.

My question is: are 1 of the executors and/or a beneficiary able to enter our mothers house to make sure of the security of the premises, maintain the lawn, take care of anything that needs to be at all.

We/I have been informed that none of us are to enter the house at all.

Their are six of us, and two of us are the executors of the will.

My advice is and not being a lawyer, so I don't know exactly what to do, but I'd get in touch with your lawyer, and get them to put a "caveat" on the property so no one can sell it. Also try and get a record of all the possessions you think are in the house, and check out the legal reliability of the informant saying you can't enter the house.