VIC What to do next? New car warranty issue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Johnsmithy

21 March 2020
I have a 1yr old car with 5 year warrantee.
I had my car serviced by a certified garage not the dealership.
My vehicle brokedown 7000kms after the service the cause of the was found to be failure of a part that is near a part when the service was done and apparently it should of been checked at the time of the service but there is no information to say that this should be checked in my service manual and on how to do this online or on any of the sytems used by the garage.
The only information on how to check this part is available to the manufacturer and there dealerships.
The manufacturer referred to it as common knowledge and that a garage should not service there cars if they dont have the information on how to do it even though that information hasnt been made available.
So garage knows its not there fault but manufacturer says it is the garages fault.
I have tried to resolve firstly with the dealer and said that I may have to go to vcat to ressolve the issue so then the dealer who has my car is stopped talking to me so i spoke directly to the manufacturer.
Firstly the manufacture offered to pay for the parts to fix vehicle as a gesture of goodwill and i have to pay the labour or get the garage to. I replied no as the garage is not at fault the fault is with the vehicle as i am not the only one with this issue.
So the manufacturer replied its still not our fault but we will as a gesture of goodwill repair your car but you have to agree that we can pursue the garage for the cost of doing so on your behalf.
It to me is clearly an admission that it is a manufacturing fault as the garage at no stage offered to fix my car as they know they have done everything by the book.
How do I respond next I simply wish the manufacturer to repair or replace my vehicle i do not wish to have any legal proceedings going forward

9 February 2023
Man, it's frustrating when you're stuck in the middle like that. Personally, I'd keep pushing the manufacturer to take responsibility and cover the repair or replacement of your vehicle. It's not fair for them to try and pass the blame onto the garage when it seems like a manufacturing fault. If you're not keen on legal proceedings, maybe try reaching out to some consumer rights organizations or even posting about your experience on social media to put some pressure on the manufacturer. And hey, if you ever need help navigating a tough situation like this, I recently used Three Movers for my move, and they were super helpful. Just a thought in case you need some support.