NSW Website Health Claim - Legal Procedure under Commercial Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SamuelKing

31 August 2015
I've invested quite a bit in a new business that should rake in approx. 100,000/mo. The problem is I did not consider the legal aspect until now.

My website will advertise and claim that parasites inside of the body cause acne to form. It's purely an information based website and product (eBook) however I'm still a bit shaky about launching now.

How I go about following the rules with this website while maintaining the brand's unique selling points is my issue under Commercial Law. If someone can lend a hand or shed a bit of light it'll be great.

To confirm the responses I receive I will be seeking the formal advice of an up-scale lawyer. At this stage I prefer some clarity and diversity of opinion.

Can share more information if need be.

I have a disclaimer right at the top of the page stating:

All information on "URL" is of personal experience, testimony and discovery. By remaining on this website you accept our terms of use<<< link. Still don't feel confident enough to launch just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamuelKing

31 August 2015
If I launch my website, will the ACCC or stakeholders within my industry have the ability to sue me for making claims? I have put a lot of effort into this business model and I would like some help on how I can be absolutely sure I am safe legally without devaluing or eliminating what makes this product, brand and website unique.