NSW Trespass

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
Get the dude charged, even if have to
due it myself.
If by that you mean you're going to prosecute him yourself, your first step is going to be to have a court registrar approve a CAN .... Bear in mind that if you fail, you may well be up for their legal costs... Also, depending on the circumstances & their history, if convicted the punishment may be not much more than a fairly small fine & a warning.
Sue him for infringement onmy rights to hold him accoutable.
On an accusation of trespass? With no damage... May not even be worth your time

Atticus

6 February 2019
Not familiar with that, but you'll likely need a lot more than just a precedent (if that is what you are claiming that case sets)

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
b) yes

Changed my opinion. While you are an occupier, it appears you will not have sufficient property rights to have standing for the tort of trespass to land.

What you likely have is tort of assault.

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
Rod, my parents were there at the time. I believe i have occupier status at common law. Reasons against?

Question is there any way you can get an extension on the 6 month time limit for prosecution for section 4(b)1 Aggravated unlawful entry of Enclosed Lands Protection Act?

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
In regards to extension question above, what if it is in addition to a indictable offence also laid at the same time? Does that change things?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au