NSW Traffic Infringement Notice Without Being Pulled Over?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

CataGana

14 May 2018
Hi

I was driving and saw a cop car next to me in the right side. He probably saw me on my phone but I'm not sure. I was looking at the map on it and put it down straight away. He then crossed the lights and parked, but I had to turn right and I was on the left lane, because I didn’t know until I saw the map that was the way I had to go.

As I was turning, I saw the cop get out of his car. I didn't get chased or anything, but the car is a company car and I’m super scared a traffic infringement notice might be issued! Please help me! Need to know if I’ll get fined and lose my job :(

Adam1user

5 January 2018
You maybe lucky that the police officer does not issue you a ticket, if the officer does issue , the officer has the authority to do so, also, if the officer had the camera activated, the officer did not have it activated, then it will be hard to prove and therefore may not issue the ticket, the only thing I can say is: time will tell, keep your fingers crossed!