NSW storage of commercial

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ipswitch56

27 October 2023
I had a friend leave some commercial equipment at my residential property for 3 and half years, the items were 2 export containers, a semi-trailer, 150 roofing sheets of corrugated steel, about 400 x 5 m lengths of wood, scaffolding and various tools. He recently removed these items as he has now rented a commercial warehouse, however during that time some of the plants and trees have grown into and over his items and about 25 branches were broken, the grass where it laid is all dead and needs reseeding, i ve asked him to reseed it but he insists it will grow back, there was never any written agreement between us but i now feel i should charge him rent back dating 3 and half years and compensation for the grass and branches. Because there was no lease and it was commercial equipemnt was on my residential land, I pose the question if i am entitled to do so and / or what grounds if any can i pursue a claim