NSW Questions on Making a Trial Affidavit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mum79bronte

17 August 2015
Questions about the trial affidavit:

1. Do I just merge my previous affidavits with the information I want to include or can I set out the current issues and then annexure a whole previous affidavit so that I can rely on it at the hearing?

2. How long would a standard trial affidavit be?

3. I know it should be chronological but if I divide into sections then it isn't quite. It would definitely be chronological by section, would that be ok?

3. Does the ICL submit an affidavit as well?

This case has been going on a long time so I'm trying to put this affidavit in concise/relevant form.

The other party is relying on a lot of past information, like 6 or 7 years old. I'm trying to stay current but it's hard to not rebut everything that is written/accused.

S

Sophea

Have you already filed the former affidavit in the proceedings? Once they have been filed they are in evidence, your subsequent affidavit can refer to previous ones.

Chronological is ideal for the sake of clarity and being able to follow events, but however facts are best arranged is fine.

Its up to ICL whether he or she will submit an affidavit as well.