Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Neighbour Dispute - Tree Removal

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by MMXC, 4 June 2014.

Tags:
  1. MMXC

MMXC Member

My neighbour has been asking me cutting down a tree in my backyard. He arranged a tree person who promised the job will be finished in one day. I agreed. But the tree person ruined my back yard and lawn during his job and the work was not finished in one week. After that, I don't have any person at home during the working hours to let the tree person into the back yard. As such, I had to ask that person cease working. Six months later, I received a letter from court for the hearing that my neighbour ask me to remove the tree.
    What can I do to prepare for the hearing? Am I doing the wrong thing?

2. HarrietJ

HarrietJ Well-Known Member

Is the tree hanging over into their property? Or are there any Overhanging branches or exposed roots that could cause property damage and/or personal injury?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...