NSW Legal action against REA post three years

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rightstanding

12 July 2022
Can I bring legal action against the Principal of a NSW Real Estate Agency after three half years, where I lost more than 40,000 on the sale of my late mother's Estate.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
What was the nature of the loss?

Rightstanding

12 July 2022
I signed for $1.430 million, but only after other joint Executor had gone into sign the sales contract without informing me. This underhand action placed pressure on me to sign. Property sold for $1.010. Buyer disappeared to Egypt whilst waiting for me to confirm sale. Buyer was developer. Property went to Auction. Hardly any bidders. Auctioneer gave the vendors bid from $1 million. I understood nothing of the process on the day of the Auction. No one bid. Property passed in. Sold - Private Treaty. There is more to this story, however, I'm only concentrating on REA and the method of the REA'S strategy of sale. Your question, "what was the nature of the loss?", was far more that just bricks and mortar. The entire experience has damaged my entire life, robbed me of the true settlement payment that would enable me to purchase my own home. I'm now on a part Aged Pension. Renting for past three half years. Too much to say on this thread.