VIC IVO and deliberate lies

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nita

4 December 2018
Hi I’ve got a complicated situation and was hoping for advice. So a crazy allied health worker who my husband was treated by for over a year has been granted an interem intervention order which he is contesting due to her fabricated and substance lacking accusations. I’ve never been her patient and don’t even know her. She gave further and better particulars as requested by Magistrate and in this statement has mentioned me. She has said that a medical clinic she works at has given her the contents contained within my medical file and has mentioned my very sensitive medical issue and also claimed in her particulars that I had been blacklisted from the clinic. Cut a long story short I have complaint to the clinic and they have found that she had accessed my medical file without consent and that she has admitted to accessing it without consent also confirmed I was not ever blacklisted. The clinic have done nothing about it except state they plan to give all staff further training on patient privacy and confidentiality. The same person has put some horrible public posts on social media about other patients, one in particular is very derogatory. I’m very embarrassed by the mention of my sensitive health issue and upset that she has lied in her particulars about me being blacklisted, which is now on file at Magistrates court. My marriage is strained thanks to all of the stress she’s caused. I don’t want to be her next social media victim and don’t know what to do or if I can request that the false accusation of me being blacklisted and my sensitive medical issue can be removed and not kept on file as I have nothing to do with this. It seems she has tried to drag me into this and hasn’t attempted to defame my character in a malicious manner.Please any advise would be much appreciated

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Talk to APHRA and see about having the health professional censured for unsatisfactory conduct and or professional misconduct.

It seems as though the clinic has not taken a strong enough stance in relation to abuse of patient records. You can complain against both the health practitioner and the clinic.

See this link: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Make a complaint

Nita

4 December 2018
Talk to APHRA and see about having the health professional censured for unsatisfactory conduct and or professional misconduct.

It seems as though the clinic has not taken a strong enough stance in relation to abuse of patient records. You can complain against both the health practitioner and the clinic.

See this link: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Make a complaint
Thank you for your reply, I thought the same of the Medical Centre’s response being poor considering they were unable to see that anyone other than the doctor I saw,accessing my medical file. The medical centre were told that she had implicated them as the source of gaining my medical information and only then contacted their software providers to assist in a secondary search. The allied health worker had gone to great lengths to erase all evidence of accessing my medical file. Medical centre found she had infact accessed it and she subsequently admitted to accessing it without consent. I will definitely follow you’re advice so thank you much appreciated!