SA International divorce. Married in Australia

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Reyna Rose

6 April 2020
Please, advise. For divorce. Husband is in another country in my case (Panama, buisness (assets oversees also). We were married in Australia.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Not enough information... depends .... Read link below Then come back if you have further questions

You must be eligible to apply for a divorce in Australia (select yes or no to proceed to next step)
1. You (or the other party to the marriage) must answer YES to at least one of the following:

• Were born in Australia or have become an Australian citizen by descent (born outside Australia and at least one parent was an Australian citizen and your birth is registered in Australia).
  • Are an Australian citizen by grant of Australian citizenship (a citizenship certificate will be required).
  • Are lawfully present in Australia and intend to continue living in Australia. You must have been living in Australia for at least the last 12 months - evidence must be provided e.g. your passport showing the date of arrival at least one year prior and a valid or current visa.
Do you or the other party to the marriage meet one of these requirements?

SOURCE >>>> How do I apply for a Divorce? - Federal Circuit Court of Australia

Reyna Rose

6 April 2020
Not enough information... depends .... Read link below Then come back if you have further questions

You must be eligible to apply for a divorce in Australia (select yes or no to proceed to next step)
1. You (or the other party to the marriage) must answer YES to at least one of the following:

• Were born in Australia or have become an Australian citizen by descent (born outside Australia and at least one parent was an Australian citizen and your birth is registered in Australia).
  • Are an Australian citizen by grant of Australian citizenship (a citizenship certificate will be required).
  • Are lawfully present in Australia and intend to continue living in Australia. You must have been living in Australia for at least the last 12 months - evidence must be provided e.g. your passport showing the date of arrival at least one year prior and a valid or current visa.
Do you or the other party to the marriage meet one of these requirements?

You must be eligible to apply for a divorce in Australia (select yes or no to proceed to next

Do you or the other party to the marriage meet one of these requirements? YES! I was raised in Australia, I am became a legal citizen . My husband was born in Australia.

[/QUOTE]