How would YOU Improve the LawAnswers Community?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

How would YOU improve LawAnswers.com.au?

• New Forums (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• Mobile Apps

• Legal Aid and Free/Low-Cost Legal Advice Directory

• Lawyer Referral Directory

• Forum Badges to Identify Verified Lawyers

• More Document Templates (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• More Blog Articles (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• DIY Guides (Please post suggestions below in thread)

• Something Else (Please post below in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Atticus

6 February 2019
The owner relies solely on the forum's members to report problems
On many occasions, I've reported spam & members clearly in breach of guidelines but it is either ignored completely or takes days for anybody in authority to address the issue.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Among other things, it is also not intended to be a place of therapy and venting
for every second angry man who has (in theor own mind)
had the pineapple from the Family Law system.
Plenty of angry women as well in case you hadn't noticed.

Probably more about the family law system being broken & in desperate need of repair.... Perhaps you may have lost (or never been) in the position of your average Joe trying to get somewhere in such a system, often getting nowhere fast while being bled by by a lawyer. The stress, anguish & desperation is real.

If I can offer some opinion & guidance free of charge then that's a good thing isn't it! ... I generally back up what I say with links to a credible source. They can take what I offer or leave it.
Further, I suspect that many of the lawyer contributors
are at (or very, very near) the end of their patience
with the nut jobs, tin foil hatters, spammers, agenda pushers, conspiracy theorists,
and the merely angry and elsewhere-unheard.
A well moderated forum would go a very long way to fixing that problem wouldn't it?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
A well moderated forum would go a very long way to fixing that problem wouldn't it?
That has usually been my experience.
(in case it isn't clear - I am agreeing with you that Something Needs To be Done)

Reactions: Atticus

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Hi @Scruff, @Tim W and all readers,
I apologise for the recent experience. Unfortunately, life happens and has consumed more time on things other than this forum community than I'd like - especially over the past two years.
I focus my limited time and energy on the continuous (but essential) forum's software/security upgrades, tweaking the spam detection configuration and dealing with the various legal threats that unfortunately come with operating a website/forum today (recent example).
Again, I apologise and will do my best to improve the current moderation standard. As always, if you see something, please use the Report link (and if it is urgent, please also let me know using the Contact Technical Support link on the footer of each page), and I'll do my best to resolve it ASAP.
Thank you.

Reactions: Atticus

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Upon a little further reflection, I think one further thing that could be done is
to lock a thread once a satisfactory and reliable (as can be) answer has been provided.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Given the amount of AI spam that is appearing of late, perhaps we need to
de-automate the joining process, and put new joiners on moderated posting.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Revamp the site and get rid of all these bloody pop up ads that make it nearly unuseable.
I'm not an admin, and I don't speak for them.
With that said, let me re-mention that
last time this idea came up, we were reminded
that those ads that help pay the bills.