QLD How to Get Out of Paying Speeding Fines?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Terry Findlay

18 April 2017
Speeding fines - I bought an old rodeo Wednesday and was caught for speeding on Thursday. I was doing 100kmh and seen the police car coming, drop down to about 95 kmh. The police car came pass and about 500m up the road they put the lights on.

I pull over because I thought the car yard didn't change register over and the ute was unregistered. When the police officer came to the ute, he said "Any reason for speeding?" and I said I wasn't and he said 115, I'm at a 100 zone and I said at 115 the uterus would be roaring. I said that's why I bought the ute to sit on 100.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I'm not sure of your actual question, but you're probably going to be out of luck. If the police have evidence of use of a radar, and it is within the maintenance/testing requirements, it is presumed that they have used it correctly.

Ozwarlock67

16 April 2015
What did they use to obtain this 115km/h reading? The speedo of the police car? They have to show you the reading on the gun.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
You "get out of" speeding fines by not speeding in the first place.

You can contest fines with which you have actually been issued
by following the court election instructions on the back of the ticket.
When court-electing, have a care for the number of days within which you have to choose.

Reactions: Rob Legat - SBPL