How Important Is Hands-On Experience Before the CRCST Exam?

Get Instant Legal Answers - Free AI Legal Help
Join thousands of Australians each month using LawConnect’s AI assistant for fast, personalised legal information. No waiting. No cost. Start now.
Ask Your Question Now

ArmandoMyers

Well-Known Member
23 March 2023
75
0
286
Studying can prepare you for the technical knowledge on the certification exam, but working with real instruments and sterilization equipment is a different experience. Do you think students should start accumulating practical experience while they’re still studying? The CRCST pathway includes a 400-hour hands-on experience requirement.

​

 

Aholicebhe

Well-Known Member
26 May 2025
21
0
121
I know this thread is a bit old, but I had the same question. Starting hands-on training while studying makes sense because the 400-hour requirement is easier to spread out. It also helps you remember what you learn. Have you looked into hospitals or clinics that let you volunteer? That might give you a head start.
 

Kennexo

Well-Known Member
2 September 2024
65
0
196
I think starting hands-on work while studying makes sense, even though it feels heavy. The 400-hour requirement is a lot, so chipping away early helps. I also found the state sterile tech rules useful for checking what my state expects before I committed to a program. Practical experience and knowing regulations go together well.