QLD Have Not Been Paid by Employer - Where Do I Stand?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

J Dillon

8 December 2016
So basically I was called by a guy to do some " driving/delivery " work for a local pizza place, so there for I was " contracted " to be the driver.

The first pay was a stuff up so I let that one go. I worked 2 more weeks ( 3 in total ) and have not been paid for the past 2 of them. The owner stated that he checked and everything was fine, but 2 weeks later, I still have not seen my pay.

I have tried to be nice and to deal with this in a professional way but it seems the owner is ignoring any form of contact with him weather it be via text, phone call or even in person. I was asked not to slander the shop as this was a messy dismissal. I basically told the owner to stick the job but in a nice way (told him I would not drive for him until I was paid ).

Now I'm not in to slander but I feel that other potential drivers should be aware of this. If he pays me, then all good and I will leave it at that.

Where do I stand under employment law with him? I told him I'm not a 17-year-old on p plates and can't be pushed over that easy.

Lance

31 October 2015