VIC EMPLOYMENT NOT PROVIDING ANY LEAVES

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

diemliiinh

16 June 2020
Hello guys,
I’ve been working for the employer 3 years but they don’t provide any leaves at all including annual leave, sick leave,... whenever i’m on holiday, they didn’t pay annual leave or when i sent them medical certificates, they didn’t pay for sick leaves. And no annual leaves amount on payslips.

Is that illegal? Most of the staffs don’t have any leaves from them. They only chose 1-2 people for leaves
Thanks for your help

WiserNow

10 September 2014
What does your employment contract say? Sounds like you are hired as a casual/contractor and paid a flat hourly/daily rate.

diemliiinh

16 June 2020
What does your employment contract say? Sounds like you are hired as a casual/contractor and paid a flat hourly/daily rate.
I didn’t sign any contract since the beginning. But i’m a full time cheft and there’s only me as a chef in the business and i work all the time it open.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
First things first...

Are you even being paid "on the books"?
Pay slips? Time sheets?
Payment Summaries?
Tax?

WiserNow

10 September 2014
Be very careful how u respond to the questions above on a public forum. Especially if u have used ur real name.. u have already provided a bit of personal information re State u work in and work u do..