VIC Domestic Building Contract

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fateemah

9 July 2022
We verbally changes the contract amount.
Builder did not take last 2 progress payment stages, the second last invoice was not even sent during the construction, only after I raised defect issues did the builder start sending me the last two invoices after completion of house. (using this as a threat to leave the defect matter).
Builder stated in email once agreed on price and who owns who I will provide occupancy.
Builder also sent variation email stating all expenses from start to completion and only requested small amount.
Upon this verbal agreement builder provided occupancy and house has been rented for 7 months. Even the bank closed the construction loan and waived the last two stages.

Are the emails from the builder admissible in court ? How can I strongly prove this VERBAL agreement was made ?

What are the breaches ? Master builder contract ?

Who can help me with point of claim ? I don't know how to refer it to the appropriate provision of the Building Act ?

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi Fateemah, there are a lot of issues there in your question. Too many for a simple answer here.

What state are you in? Are you saying that there was no written major domestic building contract?

I might be able to help you with your issues but it cant b just in this forum.
Paul Cott.