Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Do I Need to Respond to Divorce Application?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Cockatoo, 6 July 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cockatoo

Cockatoo Well-Known Member

I have been served a sole divorce application by my spouse. Do I need to respond? And do I need to attend?

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Unless there's something in the application that you wish to dispute, like the date of separation, etc., then no, and no.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cockatoo

Apart from a couple of minor errors regarding the children everything seems ok.... Contact with our daughter he claims is good, yet hasn't contacted her in 5 weeks. Son's health he claims is good, but he tries to kill himself about 2 times a week.

Thanks for that. :)

4. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Legally, those things won't impact the Court's decision about whether or not it makes the divorce decree, so while definitely worrying, they're more for consideration in, for example, a parenting matter, rather than divorce.

I hope things improve for your kids soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cockatoo