WA Complicated family case

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Graceie5679

4 August 2018
Father is refusing to sign a declaration he is the father, he has denied the child is his,after a legal DNA test was orderd the test was proved that he is the father , it will be in court what is the likelihood of a judge granting that he sighns the declaration.

Atticus

6 February 2019
It's my understanding that as long as the court is satisfied with the evidence of DNA via a properly accredited source that a person is the father, then a Section 69VA declaration of parentage is issued by the court. That declaration is conclusive evidence of parentage for the purposes of all laws of the Commonwealth.

Graceie5679

4 August 2018
It's my understanding that as long as the court is satisfied with the evidence of DNA via a properly accredited source that a person is the father, then a Section 69VA declaration of parentage is issued by the court. That declaration is conclusive evidence of parentage for the purposes of all laws of the Commonwealth.
Thanks that makes me relieved